Tuesday 17 May 2011

MAD Blog Awards - Finalist

A few months ago I learnt of the MAD Blog Awards. I decided to enter, to help raise the profile of Not Even A Bag of Sugar. I want my blog to reach those who need it most, those who have a premature baby, those who may be auntie, uncle or grandparent, or a good friend of someone starting this journey. It wasn't about prizes or accolades. I just wanted people to know I'm here!

This blog was at first started merely as a catharsis, to help me get over Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's evolved since then. I wanted to educate people particularly those who are supporting others going through the special care journey with their baby. I wanted to help those coming home, bewildered, frightened of what the future holds, and most of all I wanted to offer hope.

I love to explore the lighter side too. Parenting is fantastic fun. Yes its frustrating sometimes, even scary, but its the greatest job in the world.

So to be nominated in the Most Inspiring category, is a great honour. However, my fellow finalists are fantastic, particularly Ghostwritermummy who has been so helpful and encouraging to me personally.

For me, the old cliche runs very true for this particular competition. It's not about the winning, its about taking part, and celebrating the phenomenon that is mummy blogging, or more correctly, parent blogging.

So thank you to all those who find me inspiring, and if you wish to vote for your favourite finalists, follow the button on the side of my page.

3 comments:

  1. Well done and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deleted Sally's comment as contaned her email address

    ReplyDelete