Thursday 23 February 2012

12 is the Magic Number

12 is the Magic Number - a Meme

I've been tagged by the lovely Sunniva Anne who blogs at the Kitchen Mechanic in this meme. Because I am, of course, utterly fabulous, I have also been tagged in a similar one, although its 11 questions, by Claire Sarcone at Mummy of Many Talents . Now because Sunniva Anne was first I will follow her rules and questions!.

You must post the rules Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog Let them know you tagged them 

1. I've just come back from a "knitting and numeracy" course at our local children's centre.
2. I have discovered that I've been knitting incorrectly since I learnt when I was 10. Whoops.
3. I started knitting a jumper for Joseph before he was born and lost heart when he came early. I turned it into a tiny blanket!
4. I regularly write for A String of Pearls, and find it daunting at times, but lots of fun
5. I enjoy cooking soup, and that's what I'm doing whilst I type this.
6. My husband never annoys me.
7. I am not good at lying.
8. I never seriously consider moving back to Australia.
9. I'm terrified of potty training Joseph, and don't care if he's in nappies til he's 12.
10. I really miss having extended family around me.
11. I enjoy travelling all over the place to visit our far flung family.
12. It still amuses me that you can drive to Europe from England.

Here are Sunniva Anne's questions:


What is your favourite “Must Read” Blog? I try to read blogs on a regular basis, but I regularly visit Typecast and its my go to blog for blogging quandries.

Tea or Coffee? I prefer the taste of coffee to tea, but drink both.

What is your preferred form (if any) of exercise? Long walks.  

What is the last book you read, that you already want to read again? I'm not a good reader of books, but probably the Time Traveller's Wife.  

What is your favourite meal of the day and why? Our evening meal, all sat together, sharing food and ignoring the toddler.

What is the first word that pops into your head when you read “shenanigans”? Um, rumpy pumpy aka sex

What’s the most northerly place you have ever been? Glasgow I think. Scratches head. Geography not a strong point.  

Which do you prefer? Dark, White or Milk chocolate? Dark chocolate

Do you prefer hand-made or bought presents? Definitely handmade.

You can invite five people to dinner party, two real, two fictional one dead, who would they be and what would you serve to them? Clive Stafford Smith who is a humanitarian lawyer, Germaine Greer the feminist, Pollyanna as I love her, the Gruffalo and Peter Ustinov. I'd serve a seafood platter (mice for the Gruffalo) followed by zucchini slice, tomato pickle and salad, ending with a big pavlova.  

What would your dream job be? Human rights lawyer in the deep south of America  

What time zone would you rather be living in? Difficult one, this one is just fine.

Here are my 12 questions

1. If you were baking purely for enjoyment, what would you make?
2. What 3 songs would you take with you on a desert island?
3. What book do you wish you had never read?
4. What is your all time favourite item of clothing?
5. If I gave you £100 to spend today what would you buy?
6. What country would you love to visit?
7. What piece of advice would you give a child - doesn't have to be yours?
8. What is your favourite chocolate?
9. Who is your least favourite celebrity?
10. When at a restaurant what part of the menu do you look at first?
11. What is the best photo you have ever taken?
12. What's your favourite thing to do at weekend?

Now I am being naughty. If you read this and fancy doing it, your tagged!

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the 'knitting and numeracy'!. Love reading all these little quirks about bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fascinating. Basically the mathematics adult ed teacher employed by the council is a really passionate knitter and wanted to run a knitting course for the mothers at the children's centre.

    She got funding by running it as a maths course, and when you think about it there is tons of maths in knitting -estimation, measuring, counting, multiplication etc.

    So we are doing maths, but we mainly knit!

    ReplyDelete