Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Isla - A Tulip Picked Too Soon

Four years ago three special little people were born, Reuben, Henry and Isla. I knew about their birth soon after it happened through the Bliss forums. Their mother was one of the first people I supported right through neonatal care and beyond.

We grew closer and closer as her babies continued their long and complicated journey through neonatal care.

I never met Isla but she captured my heart. Strong and stubborn, she weathered storm after clinical storm. Every day brought a new challenge that she overcome.

However as time went on it was just too much and Isla came to a time where she couldn't fight anymore.

Today on her birthday I wrote "Happy Birthday Isla" on a tulip and let it go down the Irwell.

She may be gone but she lives on forever in my heart and I will never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment