Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Simple Gift for Teacher

Almost 3 years ago I slowly started working on my garden. The first thing I did was put some huge rocks in and develop a rock garden. I had no clue what would work and bought a collection of alpine plants from our local nursery. In the bunch there were two cute little things....sempervivums. I discovered sempervivums for sale at very reasonable prices in Germany and brought 8 plants back with me at Easter. Well I've had a bit of a population explosion, as you can see in this post.

I decided for Joseph's teachers we would repot some of our sempervivums. Dividing them is easy, each offset has it's own stalk and root system. I used peat pots (£1 for 40 at the pound shop), cactus and succulent compost, and some gravel for the bottom which I had in the garden.

I wanted to get back to one main plant in each hole. I have manged to amass a huge number of offsets. What I don't use for gifts will be going to Manchester Friends of the Earth for Dig the City.

 
I wrote a message on a paddle pop stick, then stuck a plastic gem to each stick, then ribbon around each pot.

Hopefully they will be appreciated. I am sure the teachers get overloaded with chocolate this time of year so it's something different, and hopefully they will grow happily in their new homes!



2 comments:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and make cash for every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER get back...

    ReplyDelete